lördag 14 mars 2020

In the meantime..

Im working on a garment that is taking a lot of time and therefore it has been silent here for a while now. But in the meantime I thought that I could show you some pictures Branna at Handcrafted History took of me at Doublewars in 2018 and 2019. The pictures show a dress I made in 2018, too long, too big, too not good. And how the same dress appears in 2019, remade.


This model dates from the first part of the 16th century and from the south of Germany. Its a gown, in german called rock. Handmade in wool. 


 You see, way too long. I am tall, but not that tall!



The fit is not that good either. 
So I thought I should fix it. And for Doublewars 2019 I wore it again, and it looked much better. 


I shortened the dress, even if it is quite hard too see in this picture. And the bodice is taken in quite much. And I added black guards to the bodice. The orange guards on the skirt is taken away. 


Its the same dress but I think it looks much better. So it is worth remake garments that did not turn out the way you intended.


Now, back to the sewing!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar