måndag 22 juli 2019

Italien 15th century dress, a gamurra, for sale



A year ago I made this 15th century Italian dress, a gamurra, with a overdress, a giornea, to go with it. I was going to an sca-event in Bulgaria and needed a cool dress, and could therefore not use my woolen ones. The gamurra was an Italien dress worn during the 15th and 16th century by all classes of sociaty. Its worn over a camicia, a Italien shirt. Its a style I dont know that much about and I did not do as much research that I usually do before I made it. Since it is earlier than the dresses I usually use and therefore not really my cup of tea, I have not used it since then. I like the dress, I just dont like me in it. So, I desided to sell it. Its to beautiful to just stay in my closet. It needs to get out of the closet!

Its a size 38 and quite tight. And Im 182 cm tall.
For the dress, the overdress and the bonnet I want 4000 kr.





The gamurra could be made of silk damask, brocade, satin or wool. I made mine with silk and lined it with linen. The guards are made of hamp. The thread used is waxed linen.

The hooks and eyes are places two centimeters apart, and bought, not handmade. 




The hem is reinforced with a straight cut strip of hemp. 
This is the hem insideout. 

The loose sleeves is tied to the dress by these rings. The ties are made of black syntetic velvet. 

To my gamurra I also made a giornea, a sleeveless, sideless surcoat, in goldish hamp. The overdress is not handsewn and very quickly made. My plan was to redo it after the event but that never happend. The loose sleeves are open on one side from the elbow down. 
And here is some pictures of my fantastic travelcompanions, in german 15th and 16th clothing. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar