lördag 30 november 2019

Buttons for my schaublein

A year ago I struggled with my schaublein and when it was done I didnt want to see it for a while! But now it got its buttons!
This is the look I was after when I made it. Plate 21 from Hans Weigels Trachenbuch. Its a Nurnberg woman wearing a short fur-trimmed cloak, a schaublein in german.
The pattern I used, Gepratut ein Schaubel, Brides little schaube, comes from the Leonfeldner Schnittbuch, The tailorbook from Leonfeldner, presented in Drei Schnittbucher, by Katherine Barich and Marion McNealy. 
There are openings in the sideseams so you can use your hands without opening the garment up to much. And on both sides of the opening there are decorative buttons. 
Lady Ragnell Caxtone and I had an handicraft exchange and she made me fantastic buttons. They are worked in silk over a wooden base. And very common during the 16th century. There are lots of examples of buttons like these in Patterns of fashion nr 3 for example.  
I attached them with black silk.
So, after a year the chaublein is yet again ready to use for another Lucia-event in Styringheim in a week!
Ragnell also made me white buttons, very beautiful. I dont know what garment I will use them on yet. But you will see when I do. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar