söndag 26 juli 2020

Sank Örjens guild´s feast.

Our guild had a feast last night, in the woods outside Falun in Dalarna, Sweden. It was a wonderful feeling to dress up in 16th century clothing again, its been such a long time! Sometimes I feel more me in those clothing than in my modern. 

The goal of the guild is to recreate Swedish 16th century peasant army. We have still a lot of work to do to reach that goal but by one garment at the time we get there. And we have a lot of fun on the way.




Ann-Sofie wore a dress I made, a 16th century German dress with an pleated apron, also made by me.

And so did Linnea. This was actually the first trossfrau-dress I made and it made me more happy than I thought to see it again and that she is wearing it and like it. She had made a new front to the dress by using some of the skirt, I´m a bit taller than her. Very clever!

This is me in the same dress, eleven years ago.

There were also some good looking peasant soldiers present of course.



I am wearing my red and black gown. Its made to be German but works fine for 16th century Swedish too. I am also wearing a linen undergollar and an apron, made like this. And my linen haube, made like this. I chose some of my simpler garments without embroidery. I was going for an outfit of ordinary town dwellers, that could work in also Sweden during the timeperiod.  I might need to do an apron and a shirt in unbleached linen to make this outfit a little bit more credible...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar