fredag 7 augusti 2020

Another sprang hairnet

I have had a couple of amazing days. Normally I would be at medievalweek in Visby right now, but, as we all now, times are a bit different. Instead I went visiting friends. They have a big garden so we put up some tents and had some good food and some good company. I also had a lot of time to finish another sprang hairnet.

I could not resist and put up another warp right after the last one. And together with the lovely Hille we showed the nets side by side. 

This one is made a bit different than the first one. Its sewn together along one of the longsides and have a drawstring on the shortsides meeting at the neck. I covered the edge with a binding in green thin wool. 
The drawstring is a fingerloop braid. I was making it in camp, while waiting for my hair to dry after a lovely bath in the lake close by. This picture is...well...thanks for 16th century headwear that is normally covering my hair...
The fingerloop braid is made in the same linen as the hairnet. 
 
I really wanted to try the hairnet on Hille because she has lovely thick long hair. And it fits!

And together with the net I finished last Monday.
Hairnet number two is much better made, not as uneven as the first one. I´m learning! 
Im wearing my net with a wulst underneath and Hille is wearings hers with just her hair. 

I used my first net for the first time together with my renaissance clothing and it felt great.
And tried it with a hat!
Im sorry for the quite crappy mobilphone-pictures. 

There were a lot of good food..

And some sewing. My kind of vacation!
 

When I got home I tried the second net with the wulst and it worked out just fine too.

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar