fredag 26 maj 2023

Doublewars

Doublewars is over for this time. But it left me, and Im sure many others, with beautiful memories and a warm feeling inside. 

Doublewars is an Sca event in Nordmark, southern Sweden. Springtime, a beautiful tentsite and a lot of beautiful people. 

I will probaly use the word beautiful a little to many times while writing this...I miss it!

This is my home for the week, my tent. I took a picture from inside, but it always tend to get so messy, I wounder why...maybe because its me living in it...

My household shared a camp, and some other friends joined in too. So in total we had five tents, and a small one no one lived it, for stuff.

We spent our days with sewing, chatting, eating, going on lectures and on a lot of courts. One court a day, sometimes two. There were a lot of business that needed to be taken care of after the lost years of covid.

As I have told you already, I made a Bronze age sprang loom. As a mission for my week. It became a short mission, that I could finish during the first day. Which was good, because that ment I could bring it to my sprangclass on Tuesday.

In my household we have some people that are really good with food and drinks, poor us... My sister Görvel actually won a price for best apple brandy in the world during the week, in the real world that is, not in the sca. But you get it, some really talented people. 

Duncan making dinner.

No Doublewars without a party..and we had a lot of them. Im not really a fan of Bloody Mary though...

And I had my sprang class again! Not hairnet this time, we made Golden ribbons together instead. The Golden ribbon-award if for service in Nordmark and we all made ribbons, a couple of rows each. It is such a beautiful thing to do, and to get, a ribbon that had thought people a new craft, worked into every row of it. Even the Prince and Princess of Nordmark made a couple of rows together. 

And look at Barbara, the woman second to the left. She wears her sprang hairnet that she made in my class last year. Im so proud of you darling!


This was on tuesday. And Im wearing my 16th century German peasant outfit. Its me in the brown jacket. Little did I know that this day would be so special for me. But I wrote about that already...just saying. Look at this beautiful sign my little sister made for me. And managed to do so, and to put it up, without me knowing. 


Unna is enjoying the sunlight.

My laurel Renike Tucher, and Sabine Fuch Solling. It do look a bit cold. The days were okey, but some of the nights were terrible. I dont got a heater in my tent. But I did get a lovely hot waterbottle as a gift, that helped.

And there was a market of course! And I sold my sprang and my ceramics. Görvel that is in the picture is wearing her beautiful Gotlandic outfit, that we all helped in on during last Doublewars. She made an outfit in a day...

This ribbon with templerings is a joined project between me and Agnes. We made one, she made the templerings and I made the ribbon, to see if people liked it. They did, it sold fast. So now we are making a bunch together for Cudjel. It is going to be so good!

And it was the Queen of Drachenwald that bought it. So it must have been good, right!? Beatrix, our beautiful queen.

There were so many nationalities at Doublewars. This bunch of people is from Germany, and Im so glad they keep coming here.

And as usual there is a pysselpicknick. And Im actually in this picture! Its me second to the right. Im wearing the unterrock for my peasant outfit. With a linen gollar and an apron.

Helwig needed to be long enough to make a braid. A very good way obviously.

Me and Branna. She is in Oslo on a big medieval market right now and Im totally jealous of her! Maybe next year...

And we had a golden egg meeting. My sister Görvel finished a very interesting project. She was going to recreate a 16th century church painting. And ended up with a totally new way of constructing a 16th century dresspattern. No one that I know of in the sca have been using this before. She tried to describe it to me online while working on it, and I didnt get it, just because I hadnt seen it before. But she figured it out and it turned up great! Im so proud of her. A danish 16th century dress.

The stand of the woman on the church wall, of course!

Beautiful!

You cant see it because she is wearing the apron that goes with it, but the bruschfleck is sewn to the skirt and give excellent room for a pocket on each side, because who doesnt like pockets?!

Sabine and Balthazar. In sunlight.

Dinner in camp.

Beautiful Ingrid looked so spiffy at court!


So we needed to go and look spiffy with her.


Im wearing my low nobility outfit, always 16th century German of course. With a furlined chaublein, a black apron and a haube with blackwork. And my Laurelmedallion. Im not use to see it on me yet, and it makes me so happy. My low nobility outfit is actually my townspeople outfit, but with an embroidered haube. Ordinary people were not allowed to wear silk embroidered haubes like this one, according to the law. And the mink fur was not allowed either. If you are interested in rules for clothing in renaissance Germany I wrote a lot about that while doing my golden egg project. Just tag golden egg and all my articles of the matter will show up.

Together with the townspeople outfit the peasant outfit was my most common wear during the week. Sometimes I think I feel more like myself in these outfits than in my regular clothing...

My peasant outfit, with all its layers. Hemd, unterrock, rock, gollar, schaublein...clothes. Remember people, 16the century Germany is so much more than Landsknecht...



And, to finish of with the most spectacular clothing I have. My brocade dress, nobility, with the heavily embroidered haube. I obviously dont do that many other centuries, but I have all social classes of 16th century Germany.

 
Thank you Doublewars, for this time, you will be missed, until next year!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar