söndag 13 januari 2019

A new hemd

I needed a new basic hemd (shirt) so I chosed to make one with offset neckline. There is probably a name for that special neckline, but I dont know it, do you so please let me know. I really like the look of it and it occurs in some of my favorit paintings. This kind om hemd appear to occur until 1525 in paintings, so, used during the early 16th Century in Germany. If anyone have found it in a later painting please tell me about that too.


Paintings with this type of neckline. Wolf Traut Portrait of a Woman 1510, Hans Holbein the Elder, Portrait of a 34 year old woman, 1516-17, Bernhard Strigel ortrait of a woman 1510 and Bernhard Strigel (1465–1528) Porträt der Magdalena, Gräfin von Montfort, geb. von Öttingen.


Its made in linen with waxed linen thread, using both running stitch and backstitch. The seam allowance is folded down and whip stitched. Its in two pieces, with two sidegores and sleeves. As a pattern I looked at the pictures from Renikes blog, she has already done a hemd like this. My shoulderseams are not, however, the same as hers because I wanted a wider neckline. To make the neckline wider I placed the shoulderseams further down the shoulders. My plan is to make a embroidery for the neckline, someday...


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar