tisdag 29 december 2020

Marlein on Etsy

I have been quite silent during December. But I have been working a lot on new garments. Corona made my company close its office and I have been working from home. That meant that I could sew a lot more! I placed a large box on my couch and garment after garment went down in the box. If you follow me on Instagram, were I am named skogs_linnea, you have already seen all my newly made stuff. The plan was to start a shop on Etsy. 

And to do that I needed stuff to sell. And today I am proud to present;

Marlein made it

My new Etsy-shop!

You find it here.

In my shop right now there is a lot of linen. I have made three linen 16th century German smocked aprons. 

 

 

 


My aprons are made by unbleached linen from Medeltidsmode.The long seams are made by machine but I made the honeycomb smock by hand with waxed linen thread The smocks are between 40 and 55 cm and the width of the aprons between 119 and 150 cm.  

In my Etsy-shop there is also two sprang lace pieces. They are made to be used between the cups of a Lengberg bra-dress. But if anyone wants to use them in another way that fine too of course. 
 
 
The slightly larger one is 11 cm long and 9 cm wide. The smaller one is 8 cm long and 9 cm wide. I closed them with a string and while attaching them to a garment you just open the string. But be careful, it might untwist when the string is removed. I made the pattern but its a very common one that is seen as part of pattern from a very long period of time, from the 4th- to the 19-century. 
 
I also made an undergollar in linen. 



It is suitable for all classes of German 16th century society, for everyday use. Its 78 around the waist with the strings tightened but can be wore by Medium/Large with the strings looser. Its 27 long without the collar. The collar is three cm high. Its closed with strings at the side, collar by hook and eye and a needle at the front. 

 

My plan is to sell 16th century garments, sprang hairnets, sprang lace, shirts, aprons, wulsthauben and ceramics. All that I cant think of would be fun to make. I have not showed any of my ceramics here because it is mostly modern. But if will show up on Etsy. As a start I wont do commissions, just sell all ready made items, but who know. I like to sew, and that means I have to much stuff just to keep for myself. So..Etsy!

That was December...what about January!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar